Fav of CanadaFav of Canada
  • Home
  • News
  • Money
  • Living
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Sci-Tech
  • Travel
  • More
    • Sports
    • Web Stories
    • Global
    • Press Release

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest Canada's trends and updates directly to your inbox.

What's On
‘Forever Canadian’ group launches provincewide ‘unity bus’ campaign

‘Forever Canadian’ group launches provincewide ‘unity bus’ campaign

May 24, 2026
Saskatoon sees the Prairie Lily sail again after 18 months

Saskatoon sees the Prairie Lily sail again after 18 months

May 23, 2026
Police urgently searching for missing newborn baby in Halifax

Police urgently searching for missing newborn baby in Halifax

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Fav of CanadaFav of Canada
  • Home
  • News
  • Money
  • Living
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Sci-Tech
  • Travel
  • More
    • Sports
    • Web Stories
    • Global
    • Press Release
Fav of CanadaFav of Canada
You are at:Home » Judge grants Taylor Frankie Paul supervised visits with son
Entertainment

Judge grants Taylor Frankie Paul supervised visits with son

By favofcanada.caApril 7, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram WhatsApp Email Tumblr LinkedIn
Judge grants Taylor Frankie Paul supervised visits with son
Share
Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp Email

A Utah judge granted Taylor Frankie Paul supervised visits with her two-year-old son after hearing arguments Tuesday on a protective order sought by ex-boyfriend Dakota Mortensen.

Paul and Mortensen, who have had an on-and-off relationship following her split with ex-husband Tate Paul in 2022, participated in the hearing remotely while their lawyers appeared in person at the Salt Lake City courthouse. Details of the temporary protective order have been kept sealed.

She had temporarily lost custody of their son Ever when temporary custody was awarded to Mortensen last month. Third district court commissioner Russell Minas decided on supervised visitation after Paul’s legal team shared concern over Mortensen’s alleged lack of credibility, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Paul was granted up to eight hours a week of visitation, which can be broken into multiple-hour periods until their protective hearing on April 30.

“I have concerns going both ways, quite frankly,” Minas said, adding Mortensen’s alleged “pushing of buttons to get reaction.”

Mortensen asked the court to turn a short-term protective order filed on March 19 against the 31-year-old reality star into a long-term one as authorities investigate domestic violence reports from earlier this year.

Less than an hour before Tuesday’s hearing, Paul filed for a temporary restraining order against Mortensen. Paul’s representative confirmed to Global News that a protective order was filed Tuesday.

Get breaking Canada news delivered to your inbox as it happens so you won't miss a trending story.

Get breaking National news

Get breaking Canada news delivered to your inbox as it happens so you won’t miss a trending story.

In Paul’s April 7 filing, obtained by Variety, the Secret Lives of Mormon Wives star included multiple allegations of physical violence committed by Mortensen alongside photos of bruises on Paul’s arms, legs and face. It also included text messages between Paul and Mortensen in which she mentions one of her injuries.

Paul said that Mortensen recently tattooed her initials on the inside of his lip and sent her photos of the new ink on Feb. 14. She alleges that the tattoo and text message conversations included in her filing constitute harassment.

Both orders are a response to the reports under investigation from February, following an open “domestic assault investigation” regarding Paul and Mortensen.

The hearing was not in reference to the 2023 fight that led to Paul’s arrest and resurfaced just before her Bachelorette season was supposed to premiere.

Paul was previously arrested for domestic violence charges following the incident in 2023.

She faced misdemeanour charges of assault, criminal mischief and commission of domestic violence in the presence of a child after she was accused of throwing a chair at Mortensen that reportedly hit her daughter.

Paul pleaded guilty to aggravated assault in August 2023, while the other charges were dismissed, according to ABC4 Utah.


Footage of the alleged 2023 incident between Paul and Mortensen, where she can be seen kicking and hitting her ex-boyfriend and throwing chairs at him, was leaked to TMZ on March 19.

“Your daughter is right here,” Mortensen says in the video before Paul throws a chair in his direction.

ABC decided to pull season 22 of The Bachelorette, starring Paul, after the video surfaced.

“In light of the newly released video just surfaced today, we have made the decision to not move forward with the new season of The Bachelorette at this time, and our focus is on supporting the family,” Disney Entertainment Television said in a statement on March 20.

Disney’s statement did not include details on what the network planned to do with the already filmed season of the dating reality series.

Following the news of the season cancellation, Paul said in a statement from her spokesperson: “Taylor is very grateful for ABC’s support as she prioritizes her family’s safety and security. After years of silently suffering extensive mental and physical abuse as well as threats of retaliation, Taylor is finally gaining the strength to face her accuser and taking steps to ensure that she and her children are protected from any further harm.

“There are too many women who are suffering in silence as they survive aggressive, jealous ex-partners who refuse to let them move on with their lives. Taylor has remained silent out of fear of further abuse, retaliation and public shaming. She is currently exploring all of her options, seeking support, and preparing to own and share her story.”

On Friday, Variety reported that Mortensen’s storyline would be cut from the upcoming season of Vanderpump Villa.

Lisa Vanderpump, an executive producer of Vanderpump Villa, told People that Mortensen “didn’t really have a big storyline,” so editing him out of the third season of the reality series “hasn’t affected the story.”

“We don’t want to shine a spotlight on something that’s been so controversial when we have so much great content,” Vanderpump said.

— With files from The Associated Press

&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Related Articles

U.S. streaming industry slams CRTC rules for Canadian content investment

U.S. streaming industry slams CRTC rules for Canadian content investment

By favofcanada.caMay 22, 2026
Trump calls Stephen Colbert ‘no talent’ as he signs off final ‘Late Show’

Trump calls Stephen Colbert ‘no talent’ as he signs off final ‘Late Show’

By favofcanada.caMay 22, 2026
Major streamers must pay 15% of revenues to Canadian content, CRTC says

Major streamers must pay 15% of revenues to Canadian content, CRTC says

By favofcanada.caMay 21, 2026
Bruce Springsteen says Colbert was cancelled because Trump ‘can’t take a joke’

Bruce Springsteen says Colbert was cancelled because Trump ‘can’t take a joke’

By favofcanada.caMay 21, 2026
Jimmy Kimmel mocks Trump’s approval rating after White House’s James Bond quip

Jimmy Kimmel mocks Trump’s approval rating after White House’s James Bond quip

By favofcanada.caMay 20, 2026
Shakira acquitted by Spanish court in tax fraud case

Shakira acquitted by Spanish court in tax fraud case

By favofcanada.caMay 19, 2026
Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Don't Miss
Saskatoon sees the Prairie Lily sail again after 18 months

Saskatoon sees the Prairie Lily sail again after 18 months

By favofcanada.caMay 23, 2026

Descrease article font size Increase article font size The Prairie Lily is back on the…

Police urgently searching for missing newborn baby in Halifax

Police urgently searching for missing newborn baby in Halifax

May 23, 2026
Quebec Premier Fréchette won’t rule out exceeding 0M spending pot

Quebec Premier Fréchette won’t rule out exceeding $250M spending pot

May 23, 2026
Canada and allies condemn Israeli settlement expansion amid West Bank tensions

Canada and allies condemn Israeli settlement expansion amid West Bank tensions

May 23, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Our Picks
Bruno Mars postpones Toronto concert as heavy rain, winds sweep southern Ontario

Bruno Mars postpones Toronto concert as heavy rain, winds sweep southern Ontario

By favofcanada.caMay 23, 2026
Cost of bringing a King to read a throne speech likely close to 0,000

Cost of bringing a King to read a throne speech likely close to $900,000

By favofcanada.caMay 23, 2026
Pentagon gave Canada classified paper detailing defence priorities

Pentagon gave Canada classified paper detailing defence priorities

By favofcanada.caMay 23, 2026
About Us
About Us

Fav of Canada is your one-stop website for the latest Canada's trends and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

We're accepting new partnerships right now.

Email Us: [email protected]
Contact: +44 7741 486006

Our Picks
‘Forever Canadian’ group launches provincewide ‘unity bus’ campaign

‘Forever Canadian’ group launches provincewide ‘unity bus’ campaign

May 24, 2026
Saskatoon sees the Prairie Lily sail again after 18 months

Saskatoon sees the Prairie Lily sail again after 18 months

May 23, 2026
Police urgently searching for missing newborn baby in Halifax

Police urgently searching for missing newborn baby in Halifax

May 23, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest Canada's trends and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest TikTok
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact
© 2026 Fav of Canada. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.