Fav of CanadaFav of Canada
  • Home
  • News
  • Money
  • Living
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Sci-Tech
  • Travel
  • More
    • Sports
    • Web Stories
    • Global
    • Press Release

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest Canada's trends and updates directly to your inbox.

What's On
U.S. alcohol may go back on Manitoba shelves, but Kinew urges customers to buy Canadian

U.S. alcohol may go back on Manitoba shelves, but Kinew urges customers to buy Canadian

August 20, 2026
Brief shutdown of Bearspaw water main coming in September for Calgary region

Brief shutdown of Bearspaw water main coming in September for Calgary region

August 20, 2026
Drug trafficking suspects sought by U.S. may seek trial in Canada instead

Drug trafficking suspects sought by U.S. may seek trial in Canada instead

August 20, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Fav of CanadaFav of Canada
  • Home
  • News
  • Money
  • Living
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Sci-Tech
  • Travel
  • More
    • Sports
    • Web Stories
    • Global
    • Press Release
Fav of CanadaFav of Canada
You are at:Home » Protesters continue to target Doug Ford with rally outside premier’s Etobicoke office
News

Protesters continue to target Doug Ford with rally outside premier’s Etobicoke office

By favofcanada.caJuly 8, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Telegram WhatsApp Email Tumblr LinkedIn
Protesters continue to target Doug Ford with rally outside premier’s Etobicoke office
Share
Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp Email

Personal support workers with the Canadian Union of Public Employees gathered in Etobicoke on Wednesday to rally outside Premier Doug Ford’s office as unions continue to direct their anger at the Progressive Conservative leader.

At the latest rally, attendees said they were worried about Ontario’s new regulatory body for personal support workers, fearing it could lead to less favourable working rights for the in-demand, low-staffed profession.

“When this PSW registry was first announced, it was billed as a benefit for PSWs,” says Debra Maxfield, chairperson of CUPE’s health-care workers committee.

“They said it would be like any other college of professionals, like the Ontario College of Nurses. The reality is far short of that.”

The protest in Etobicoke was the latest in a string of demonstrations — predominantly led by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union — targeting the premier.

Last week, some protesters with the union paddled to Ford’s Muskoka cottage to demonstrate.

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you'll never miss the day's top stories.

Get daily National news

Get daily Canada news delivered to your inbox so you’ll never miss the day’s top stories.

“Today, Local 358 joined fellow OPSEU/SEFPO locals to paddle to Doug Ford’s cottage with one clear message: we aren’t going away,” one Instagram post from the union said. “We won’t stop until public services are properly funded and workers receive a full Bill 124 remedy.”

Bill 124 was wage restraint legislation passed by the Ford government before the pandemic, capping public sector pay at one per cent.

The cottage protest came shortly after hundreds of OPSEU members descended upon the annual Ford Fest, an annual event thrown by the Ford family and the Progressive Conservative Party, held this year in Thompson Memorial Park.


In that case, roughly 850 public service workers, representing 4,000 workers in the vulnerable services sector who have been on strike for four weeks, planned to disrupt the gathering by making their purple shirts with the words “worth fighting for” visible to the premier.

After Ford was introduced by Scarborough MPP David Smith, protesters drowned out the premier with a chorus of chants that continued throughout Ford’s speech.

The premier chastised the protesters after the event, claiming they’d ruined a family-friendly barbecue.

“Am I disappointed that they dropped off four busloads of protesters and were using very vulgar language, using the F word every 10 seconds in front of little kids and family,” Ford claimed on June 23. “And then best of all, they ate the hamburgers and ate the ice cream while they were protesting.”

He added, “Am I disappointed? Yes, I’m disappointed.”

While protesters were outside his constituency office on Wednesday, Ford appeared at an unpublicized, closed-door event in Hamilton to promote shipbuilding in Ontario.

&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Related Articles

U.S. alcohol may go back on Manitoba shelves, but Kinew urges customers to buy Canadian

U.S. alcohol may go back on Manitoba shelves, but Kinew urges customers to buy Canadian

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026
Brief shutdown of Bearspaw water main coming in September for Calgary region

Brief shutdown of Bearspaw water main coming in September for Calgary region

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026
Drug trafficking suspects sought by U.S. may seek trial in Canada instead

Drug trafficking suspects sought by U.S. may seek trial in Canada instead

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026
‘It’s heartbreaking,’ says Ontario First Nation amid 2nd evacuation this summer

‘It’s heartbreaking,’ says Ontario First Nation amid 2nd evacuation this summer

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026
Canadian travel to the U.S. increases for 3rd month in a row

Canadian travel to the U.S. increases for 3rd month in a row

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026
Even if U.S. alcohol returns to provincial shelves, will Canadians buy it?

Even if U.S. alcohol returns to provincial shelves, will Canadians buy it?

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026
Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Don't Miss
Brief shutdown of Bearspaw water main coming in September for Calgary region

Brief shutdown of Bearspaw water main coming in September for Calgary region

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026

By Bill Graveland The Canadian Press Posted August 20, 2026 5:47 pm 1 min read…

Drug trafficking suspects sought by U.S. may seek trial in Canada instead

Drug trafficking suspects sought by U.S. may seek trial in Canada instead

August 20, 2026
Runners from botched Edmonton race may still qualify for Boston Marathon

Runners from botched Edmonton race may still qualify for Boston Marathon

August 20, 2026
‘It’s heartbreaking,’ says Ontario First Nation amid 2nd evacuation this summer

‘It’s heartbreaking,’ says Ontario First Nation amid 2nd evacuation this summer

August 20, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
Our Picks
Sandra Bullock speaks out for 1st time on death of partner Bryan Randall

Sandra Bullock speaks out for 1st time on death of partner Bryan Randall

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026
Congo to receive 70K doses of Ervebo Ebola vaccine used in past outbreaks

Congo to receive 70K doses of Ervebo Ebola vaccine used in past outbreaks

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026
Canadian travel to the U.S. increases for 3rd month in a row

Canadian travel to the U.S. increases for 3rd month in a row

By favofcanada.caAugust 20, 2026
About Us
About Us

Fav of Canada is your one-stop website for the latest Canada's trends and updates, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

We're accepting new partnerships right now.

Email Us: [email protected]
Contact: +44 7741 486006

Our Picks
U.S. alcohol may go back on Manitoba shelves, but Kinew urges customers to buy Canadian

U.S. alcohol may go back on Manitoba shelves, but Kinew urges customers to buy Canadian

August 20, 2026
Brief shutdown of Bearspaw water main coming in September for Calgary region

Brief shutdown of Bearspaw water main coming in September for Calgary region

August 20, 2026
Drug trafficking suspects sought by U.S. may seek trial in Canada instead

Drug trafficking suspects sought by U.S. may seek trial in Canada instead

August 20, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest Canada's trends and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest TikTok
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Advertise
  • Contact
© 2026 Fav of Canada. All Rights Reserved.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.